EXTENDED PROJECT QUALIFICATION
KEY DATES FOR CURRENT L6 EPQ STUDENTS
- Monday 3rd June - Deadline to email your Production Logs to your supervisors with pages 5 and 6 complete.
- Friday 7th June - EXTENDED PROJECT STUDY DAY 1 (Meet in theatre at 8.15am)
- Saturday 8th June - EXTENDED PROJECT STUDY DAY 2
- Tuesday 11th June - EXTENDED PROJECT STUDY DAY 3 (Meet in theatre at 8.15am)
- Michaelmas Term week 1 - Meeting with supervisor re: Mid-project review (Log p.10)
- Michaelmas Term week 4 - Meeting with supervisor re: End-of project review (Log p.11)
- Michaelmas Term week 5; Complete:
- page 12 and 13 of Production Log
- EPQ Presentations (Weds 2nd October)
- Complete page 15 of Production Log
- EPQ handed in (Fri 4th October)
WHAT IS THE EPQ?
The EPQ is a qualification awarded for a single extended essay or product (e.g. Art, DT, creative performance, etc.) and receives a grade (A*-E) just like any other A Level subject. It is the equivalent of an AS Level in terms of UCAS points (70 points for A*, 60 for A, etc.), but the true value lies more in what it says about you as a student and the skills it can give you. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to have complete intellectual freedom over what you study and what you produce; it is all about your passions and interests. This is also very helpful for those with specific career ambitions - you can choose a course of research which is relevant to your future degree and your future job. To complete the EPQ, you are required to:
|AQA PRODUCTION LOG 2013.doc|
|EPQ info sheet v2.pptx||EPQ briefing|
|EPQ L6 initial briefing2.pptx||EPQ intro powerpoint|
|Technology in Dystopian Literature - ToK.pdf|
Need extra help with your EPQ...?
If you need extra help with your EPQ you can arrange a 30 minute appointment with Mr Drummond who is an EPQ specialist. He can offer help with any aspect of your EPQ, including:
- Helping you to produce a clearly defined research question/proposal
- Making comments on a draft
- Offering ideas for (further) research
- Helping you to complete the Production Log
You can book a meeting on your own or in a pair/group (maximum 4). Supervisors are welcome to attend also.
The meetings are held in the PERSONAL Pod in the library on Tuesday mornings (9am-1pm) and all day Wednesday (9am-1pm and 2pm-5pm). NOTE: IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO BOOK A MEETING OUTSIDE THESE TIMES. To arrange a meeting email Mr Drummond (RSD).
EPQ AND THEORY OF KNOWLEDGE
A Level Theory of Knowledge lessons in the second half of the Lent term will provide the skills necessary to make a successful start on the EPQ. Specifically, you will be looking at:
- Planning and timing an extended piece of research
- Developing a research question
- Finding sources, references, bibliography
- Appraising projects, getting and using feedback
- Completing, formatting and presenting projects
An EPQ can be pretty much anything you can imagine.
What is an EPQ? This is an EPQ: