- Irrationality Of E 17/10/2010 01:00
Prove that e is irrational.Problem ID: 377 (17 Oct 2010) / Difficulty: 4 star
- Rectangle Construction 17/10/2010 01:00
Find the connection between the constructed length and the original rectangle.Problem ID: 376 (17 Oct 2010) / Difficulty: 2 star
- Inscribed Circle In Isosceles Triangle 16/08/2010 01:00
Find the radius of the circle inscribed inside the isosceles triangle.Problem ID: 375 (16 Aug 2010) / Difficulty: 2 star
- Multiplying Magic Square 16/08/2010 01:00
Show how the values 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, and 256 can be placed in a 3x3 square grid so that the product of each row, column, and diagonal gives the same value.Problem ID: 374 (16 Aug 2010) / Difficulty: 3 star
- Polynomial Roots 07/08/2010 01:00
Prove that the roots of the polynomial, xn + cn-1xn-1 + ... + c2x2 + c1x + c0 = 0, are irrational or integer.Problem ID: 373 (07 Aug 2010) / Difficulty: 3 star
- Hops And Slides But Never Square 07/08/2010 01:00
Prove that the minimum number of moves to completely reverse the positions of the coloured counters can never be square.Problem ID: 372 (07 Aug 2010) / Difficulty: 3 star
- Irrationality Of Pi 24/12/2009
Prove that π is irrational.Problem ID: 371 (24 Dec 2009) / Difficulty: 4 star
- Square And Round Plugs 24/12/2009
Which fits better... a round plug in a square hole or a square plug in a round hole?Problem ID: 370 (24 Dec 2009) / Difficulty: 2 star
- Algebraic Cosine 30/11/2009
Prove that cos(x) is algebraic if x is a rational multiple of Pi.Problem ID: 369 (30 Nov 2009) / Difficulty: 4 star
- Inscribed Square 30/11/2009
Find the side length of the square inscribed inside the right angled triangle.Problem ID: 368 (30 Nov 2009) / Difficulty: 2 star
- Infinite Circles 15/11/2009
What fraction of the large red circle do the infinite set of smaller circles represent?Problem ID: 367 (15 Nov 2009) / Difficulty: 4 star
- Approaching Midnight Get Started 01/02/2014 00:00Like a bit of help getting into the game? Then have a look at this.
- Strange Bank Account (part 2) 01/05/2013 00:00Investigate different ways of making £5 at Charlie's bank.
- Solution 01/11/2013 00:00Solution to TWO and TWO
- Combining Lengths 01/05/2014 00:00How many different lengths is it possible to measure with a set of three rods?
- You Can't Make an Omelette... 01/04/2014 00:00Can you devise the most efficient strategy for finding the highest floor from which you can drop an egg safely?
- Climbing the Stairs 01/05/2014 00:00In how many ways can I get upstairs?
- Going to the Cinema 01/05/2014 00:00A cinema has 100 seats. Is it possible to fill every seat and take exactly £100?
- Drawing Polygons 01/02/2014 00:00I wonder which polygons we can draw on dotty paper...
- Exploring Area 01/02/2014 00:00I wonder what we can find out about the areas of polygons drawn on dotty grids...
- What's the Weather Like? 01/10/2013 00:00With access to weather station data, what interesting questions can you investigate?
- Exploring Coordinates and Vectors 01/02/2014 00:00I wonder what we can find out when using coordinates and vectors on dotty grids...
- Exploring Distance 01/02/2014 00:00I wonder what we can find out about distances along grid lines...
- Advanced Mathematics on Dotty Grids 01/03/2014 00:00A dotty grid is a very simple mathematical structure that offers potential for very deep thought...
- Picture This! 01/11/2012 00:00
- Nine Eigen 01/02/2011 00:00Explore how matrices can fix vectors and vector directions.
- Readers Respond to "A Crisis In Physics?" 23/08/2014 16:15
- What Is the Goal of a Math History Class? 22/08/2014 13:30
- Science Media Beset with Gender Gaps 21/08/2014 20:52
- Physics Week in Review: August 16, 2014 16/08/2014 10:21
- Iranian Woman Nabs Highest Prize in Mathematics 13/08/2014 19:00
- Diversity in Focus at Upcoming Science Writers Meeting 12/08/2014 22:49
- How to Talk About the Fields Medal at Your Next Cocktail Party 11/08/2014 18:08
- The Glory of Math Is to Matter 11/08/2014 13:00
- Skulls, Bloodletting, and How to Teach Science 07/08/2014 17:44
- What will the future of education look like? 06/08/2014 12:00
- What predicts NBA success? 06/08/2014 02:28
- Physics Week in Review: August 2, 2014 02/08/2014 10:36
- Comedians Do Everybody Good (Researchers Included) 31/07/2014 20:03
- Math Twitter Bots, Reviewed and Rated 28/07/2014 13:00
- Mysterious Tiles from a Time When Art and Science Were Friends 25/07/2014 17:44
- The Shocking Failure of British Rail Travel to Respect the Triangle Inequality 23/07/2014 13:00
- When was the last time you used a print dictionary? 22/07/2014 13:39
- Tapping Your Inner Rain Man 21/07/2014 12:30
- Adjunct Instructors Petition for Better Pay, Job Security 19/07/2014 03:23
- Scientific American Editor Testifies at U.S. Senate [Video] 18/07/2014 05:17
- Bioinformatics: Big Data Versus the Big C 11/07/2014 12:00
- LEGO Reveals Female Scientist Minifigures 10/07/2014 16:55
- Some Infinities Are Bigger than Other Infinities, and Some Are Just the Same Size 10/07/2014 12:00
- Put Yourself in the Cheater's Shoes 09/07/2014 20:17
- The Magic of Number 9 (Part 2) 09/07/2014 12:15